Today we made some of our family favorites here in Mexico. We made picaditas (or little mexican pizzas) as a family--everyone helped out!
Then we made some fruit smoothies...with fresh pineapple, pomegranate, kiwi and...
fresh squeezed orange juice! Yum!!!
Other family favorites...
- warm, hot off the fire corn tortillas made my hand (we just found a place really close to our house that makes fresh tortillas all day long, and they are amazing!)
- freshly caught fish!
- "tacos al pastor"--full of flavor and overall just amazing!!!
- popcorn with Bufalo sauce (a type of salsa)--this took some getting used to, but it is actually pretty good!
- avocados and lots of guacamole--it's a staple food around the Johnson home!
- fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast!!