Sunday, March 13, 2011
At 3:00 this morning we were woken up by Lydia screaming and crying in the doorway between our room and their room. We got up and carried her into the bathroom, hoping not to awaken the other kids and our guests, Betty, Ava and CC! She continued to cry and complain about something getting her foot. We couldn't figure out what had happened, and Ben started looking around with a flashlight for anything on the ground. After about 5-10 minutes of her crying, she started to say that she saw something fall from above the door. At that point my heart started racing and I asked Ben if he had looked everywhere. Right at that moment he pulled a backpack away from the wall and there lay the culprit--a scorpion!!!!! My heart was absolutely frantic at this point, and I rushed Lydia to Betty while I got dressed to go to the hospital. Long story short, Ben took Lydia to the ER and they gave her an injection. Needless to say I didn't sleep a wink until my baby girl was back home safely, and sleeping next to me. She was a brave girl. But I will forever remember her question before going to the hospital, "Mommy, can I die from this?" It just broke my heart. But we are praising the Lord that she is healthy and fine. I'm not at all excited about the new reality that scorpions live in and around our home--that doesn't sit real easy with me, but I'm reminded that our God is with us, and He has not given us a spirit of fear! But I still don't like them!!!